Arian Foster, nice guy, briefly on Gators

Both players from Tennessee, running back Arian Foster and defensive end Robert Ayers, showed up to SEC Media Days wearing white jackets and pants. Foster's jacket had some nice black pinstripes.

Fashion review aside, I decided to ask Foster, a senior, how upset he would be if he went his entire career at Tennessee without beating the Gators.

His response? That he would be (duh) "very upset."

"It has less to do with Florida and more to do with us being successful as a team," he said. "Beating Florida, yeah, it means something. But we haven't won the SEC Championship. We haven't been in contention for a national championship. It's not Florida."

When I noted he would have a chance to break his 0-3 streak at home in front of his fans, he added this:

"That's going to be a fun game, man. There's going to be a lot of hype around that game if we both go into the game undefeated."

For that to happen, UF has to get through Hawaii and Miami. The Vols have open the season with UCLA in Los Angeles and then have a home contest against UAB. Basically, both teams should be undefeated. If that happens, don't be shocked to see ESPN GameDay at Neyland Stadium on Sept. 20.

Another great response from Foster came from a question about whether there are any similarities between Knoxville and where he grew up - San Diego, Calif.

He thought about this for a moment, and then went with a simple "no." Everyone laughed.

"The sun still rises from the east," Foster said. "That's about it."