A former UF basketball player has been charged with three first-degree felonies of aggravated kidnapping, aggravated sexual assault and rape.

Edward Raymond Dupay, 29, was arrested by the Park City Police Department in Utah on June 19, according to Summit County court records.

Police responded to a reported assault at the Stein Eriksen Lodge in Park City, Utah, and found a 28-year-old woman sobbing uncontrollably, according to the records.

The woman told police she was frightened, but had been in a relationship with him for about two years.

She went on to say that Dupay took her by force and raped her at the Lodge, records stated.

The woman said Dupay forced her under a desk in the hotel room and wouldn't let her leave, threatening to kill her and her family, according to court records.

When checked by medical personnel, she had bruising on her right thigh, scratches on her back, large bruises on her arm and shoulder, and her left eye was red and swollen, records stated.

After X-rays were taken, it was determined that the woman also had two fractured ribs.

She estimated Dupay struck her about 150 times with his hands and feet.

Dupay told police that it got "a little rough" but denied raping her. He asked, "How can you rape someone you love?"

The information gathered was based on evidence obtained from nine witnesses, including the victim, according to court records.

Dupay was a part of the UF basketball team from 1999 to 2001 and played in the 2000 Final Four team, according to the GatorZone Web site.

The Park Record in Park City, Utah, contributed to this report.