For the handful of Gators who don't already know, the drunk-dial is an irresponsible and detestable habit. Drunk-dialing usually occurs after midnight, expressing some feeling or idea that is normally buried beneath sobriety, shame and instincts of self-preservation. The next morning regret sets in, and the dialer typically tries to deny the message he or she could only blurt out while under the influence.

Tuesday, one brief Facebook message evolved into a sober version of the drunk-dial that, if its contents hold true, would be equally as vile as its inebriated predecessor.

The message, sent by an Indian Student Association official, stated that if a student organization's members "fill out the papers supporting GATOR PARTY and VISA," then their group would be rewarded with additional Student Government funding - assuming the Gator Party retains control of Student Senate.

Later, a message was issued to retract comments made in the original. In the case of drunk-dials, retractions usually occur when messages are truthful.

If the initial message was true, this is a despicable play by the winning party.

Rewarding a student organization for registering for a particular party sounds a lot like bribery to us.

According to Student Body Treasurer Paul Drayton, such actions are "frowned upon but not technically illegal."

So, in terms of SG, what would be considered "technically illegal"? How can a challenging party dream of having a chance to compete - much less win - against a party that financially rewards participation?

The Editorial Board hopes that this proves to be a hoax, and every UF student should be hoping the same.