Finally. We're all moved into our new places, and the semester's hectic beginning is actually starting to level off into some form of sanity.

It's unexpected because there always seems to be some little thing that prevents a smooth transition to a new apartment.

You know, like the time the city wouldn't issue you a parking decal because you initialed your lease incorrectly.

Or that time your new house was crawling with roaches because the guys who moved out stored all their leftovers behind the hot water heater.

Lucky for us, this fall wasn't so bad.

From what we hear, though, not everyone has been so lucky.

Everyone who signed a lease to live in building three of the new University House 13th Street apartment complex has been shipped across town to Cabana Beach because the apartments they signed up for aren't ready.

It's almost the middle of September, and these poor guys and girls are still waiting on the call to tell them they're allowed to move in.

We were freaking out when we couldn't score a moving van the last week of July, so we can't imagine unpacking just to repack and unpack again only to move into the place we originally thought we would be.

It's cool that these displaced residents are being put up for free across town, but Cabana Beach is almost six miles from University House, and we all know it takes as long to drive down to Ocala as it takes to go six miles in Gainesville.

The Editorial Board feels for everyone who has been relocated, especially for any freshmen who got caught in the mix. Hopefully, you'll be back in walking distance to UF soon.