Stars of the ABC Family television series "Greek" appeared at the UF Bookstore to motivate UF students to register to vote.

Scott Michael Foster, who plays Cappie - the show's president of Kappa Tau Gamma - and Dilshad Vadsaria, who plays Rebecca - who dated Cappie - have visited campuses across the country to increase awareness about voting and this year's presidential election.

"We want people to get involved and be excited about voting," Vadsaria said.

The line began three hours before the event was scheduled to start, snaking around the corner of the UF Bookstore and spilling into the hallway by Gator 1 Central.

Chomp the Vote volunteers offered clipboards with voter registration forms, and orange and blue balloons were tied to stair railings alongside American flags.

Red, white and blue streamers and metallic stars fluttered from the ceiling.

Brent Fisher, trade manager for the UF Bookstore, said he expected that many people would attend just to meet the cast.

Fisher said he hoped that while they were waiting in line they would register to vote.

Fisher estimated that more than 300 students came out and said 135 registered to vote.

Brett Roth, Chomp the Vote director, considered the event a success.

Roth said the organization registered 50 people before the event had even started.

Voter registration wasn't the full reason people came to the event.

Attendees were excited to see their favorite television stars, as well.

Clutching posters featuring the entire "Greek" cast, fans continued to wait to shake hands with Foster and Vadsaria.

Fans received autographs and took pictures with Foster and Vadsaria.

Jeanne Lewin accompanied her daughter Dana Lewin, a student at Santa Fe College, to the event.

Jeanne Lewin said she drove four hours from Palm Beach to see the actors.