Nothing is 100 percent certain yet, but it's looking more and more like UF wide receiver Percy Harvin will play against Miami on Saturday.

The junior missed all of preseason practice and Saturday's season opener against Hawaii while recovering from heel surgery.

UF coach Urban Meyer said he should know Harvin's status for the Miami game after Wednesday's practice.

"You need to have a good Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday," Meyer said. "He's had a good Monday and Tuesday. So I'll know more (Wednesday). If he comes out (Wednesday) and lets it rip, (he should play)."

Harvin spoke to the media Tuesday evening for the first time all season.

"The rehab is going real good," Harvin said. "It's not definite whether I'm playing yet, but if it stays progressing, I'll definitely play."

He said he had been participating in full-contact practice for the last two days, something he had not been doing in the preseason. He was still sensing some minor pains, but was otherwise feeling good.

"Little aches here and there, but nothing significant," Harvin said.

Harvin had 858 receiving yards on 59 catches in 2007 to go along with 764 rushing yards on 83 carries.

Harvin admitted he is longing to get back on the field after his long absence. Watching the Hawaii game from the sidelines was particularly difficult.

"It's real tough," Harvin said. "I was kind of itching to pad up. Coach was like, 'no.' The trainers, they've been doing a great job with me. I knew before the game pretty much that I wasn't going to go."

Harvin was kept out of practice for so long because Meyer worried he would injure another part of his body while trying to compensate for the heel.

Junior linebacker Brandon Spikes is likely to play on Saturday as well after skipping the Hawaii game with a foot injury.

"He's still favoring his (foot), but he's going to be fine," Meyer said. "I'll know more later, but as of today, (he will play)."

Sophomore tight end Aaron Hernandez will play against the Hurricanes. He did not take part in the Hawaii game because Meyer said he "wasn't ready to play."

Senior offensive tackle Jim Tartt is still questionable for the Miami game and has not taken part in full practice yet.