UF vs. Mississippi Live Game Blog: Final Mississippi 31 UF 30

FOURTH QUARTER

:41 Remaining

Jeremy Foley is walking to the locker room, and that's because the game's over, folks. The Rebels stymied Tim Tebow on fourth and short and that's it. Gainesville is Upset City this week.

:55 REMAINING

Good try, Brandon James. A 9-yard run has it fourth and 1 at the Miss. 32. The spot is under review to make sure the refs got it right, but does Urban Meyer give the ball to Phillips if the spot stays? You know Tebow wants it.

1:11 REMAINING

Did I just jinx Tebow? He's missed two straight passes, and both would've given the Gators the lead. 3rd and 10 to follow.

1:22 REMAINING

The defense did its job, and so far Tebow is doing his. Three straight completions has the Gators at the Rebels 41 with 1:22 remaining. Jonathan Phillips has said he hasn't kicked a game-winning field goal since his sophomore year of high school. He's about 10 yards away from getting another chance.

3:28 REMAINING

This game is now on UF's defense. Last year this was a scary thought, now we're about to find out if it's different this year. Percy Harvin had a 15-yard scramble for a touchdown, but the PAT was blocked. UF 30 Mississippi 31. Oh boy, here we go.

5:26 REMAINING

Oh my, folks. Oh my, indeed. Snead just had the pass of his life to Hodge for 86 yards. Wide open. Touchdown. This is a ballgame, and a good one at that. Mississippi 31 UF 24.

Injury timeout and it looks like UF's pass protection might just have gotten worse. Offensive lineman Marcus Gilbert has been helped off the field. It looks like Carl Johnson has replaced him in the lineup. Can he help Tebow stay upright?

10:07 REMAINING

This is probably a whole lot closer than you were expecting, Gator fans. Kind of an entertaining game to watch, and it's certainly been sloppy. Tim Tebow has not looked like a Heisman winner, but the game is still tied after a couple of nifty Harvin runs and a Tebow bulldoze into the endzone. CBS probably wishes they had this game on in about 8 minutes now.

THIRD QUARTER

:52 REMAINING

This place sure get quiet. Dexter McCluster just took a direct snap 40 yards to the house, and you better believe the Rebels are believing they can win this game. Mississippi is up 24-17, and UF 's sideline doesn't exactly look thrilled. The protection for Tebow has been horrible, and the only player that's really showed up on offense is Percy Harvin.

Check that: Brandon James just had a return to about midfield. That could help UF a bit.

Just got back from talking to Ryan Lochte, Dara Torres and Caroline Burckle and…really? Mississippi has tied it up at 17. A 33-yard field goal and a Snead 18-yard touchdown pass. Now the Rebels and are driving deep int Gator territory. Is an upset brewing?

SECOND QUARTER

1:06 REMAINING

Mercy Percy has returned. He's got over 100 yards of offense so far, and two big Tebow-Harvin hook ups just put it down at the Miss. 1. From there Tebow ran it in for the score. Mississippi has played pretty well, but the scoreboard doesn't look good for the Rebels. UF 17-Miss 7.

12:26 REMAINING

Brandon Spikes just almost knocked the poop out of Jevan Snead, and that caused Snead's pass to fall right into the hands of Major Wright. On the first play of the drive, Tebow almost gets picked off, but the ball still got into Harvin's hands. It was over from there. Harvin sprinted into the endzone for the score. UF 10-Miss 7

Tebow hasn't brought his A-game yet today. He missed a wide open Percy Harvin that would've been a touchdown and he just missed Louis Murphy for another score. That's two long drives now for the Gators, and they only have 3 points to show for it. Miss. 7 UF 3.

FIRST QUARTER

3:12 REMAINING

Was that the Gators' offense out there? Nope. The Rebels just hooked up on a huge 36-yard pass to the UF 1. Jevan Snead to Shay Hodge. Then Snead took it in for a 1-yard scramble for the score. This team can score too.

5:39 REMAINING

That took some guts, Houston Nutt. The Rebels on fourth and 1 just reversed it on a fake punt and got it all the way up to the UF 46.

A quick three and out by Mississippi, and then, hello, UF offense. Tim Tebow threw it long to Riley Cooper…and incomplete. Still, that's different from last week where the Gators offense wa more conservative than John McCain.

UF then went for it on fourth and 1, and you guessed it, Tebow up the middle for the first down.

That outfourth down magic ran out later as the Gators went for it on the Rebels' 32 and didn't get it. Mississippi takes over possession.

PREGAME

Alright, sports fans, it's about 20 minutes until gametime. We'll kee you updated as the game goes on.