With the McBama undercard bout out of the way, we can settle into our beer-stained, fifth-hand couches with a pint and a bowl of Cheetos to plunge ourselves into Thursday's vice presidential debate. We think it's going to be a barn burner.

The vice presidential debate has us reminiscing about a show we haven't seen since our teens.

"Celebrity Deathmatch" aired on MTV when it had already abandoned music for the most part, but had yet to do away with our beloved teenage fart humor - "The Tom Green Show" - in favor of more sophisticated programs like "Date My Mom" and "From G's to Gents".

The only difference is that if you had seen our two upcoming combatants in the "Deathmatch" ring 10 years ago, you would've thought former host of "The Price is Right" Bob Barker was about to go toe-to-toe with chick-flick veteran Diane Keaton, Claymation style.

Don't worry, though. Our current scrappers aren't battling anywhere near death. We just like to hype it up because we're excited.

The match-up of these potential vice presidents presents a few intriguing storylines.

Duking it out for the Republicans is eyewear-fashion diva and Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin.

Unlike her running mate, she has the youth card on her side, but, similar to Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama, her less-than-plentiful political experience has been called into question repeatedly.

This hockey mom is more than ready to drop the gloves. The only problem with knockout punches is, if they miss, you look incredibly off-balance and awkward - that is, if your opponent doesn't counter and knock you into the sixth row of the crowd.

Her opponent is long-time Sen. Joe Biden. When we say long-time, we mean it: Biden has been in Congress for 35 years, while Palin has only been alive for 44 years.

Given his tenure, no one has criticized Biden's political experience since he was added to Obama's ticket.

The potential problem with Biden is his long-winded, loping style. He has been known to lull crowds to sleep with his rambling testimonies, which could sway the judges' scorecards in his opponent's favor.

That's why you never want to leave it in the hands of the judges. There's no way to tell how they'll score the bout.

Palin's short career has gotten about as much bad publicity as any of Britney Spears' 2007 media mishaps.

Since he was announced as Obama's running mate, Biden, for the most part, has been able to campaign under the radar, which is a plus for a man who has been knocked for putting his foot - and then some - into his mouth.

In January of last year, Biden was vying for the democratic presidential nomination against his current running mate. At the time, Biden, referring to Obama, said, "I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy, I mean, that's a storybook, man."

Before their debate, Biden should be sure to touch gloves with Palin to thank her for taking such a commanding hold of the spotlight because if she hadn't, Biden easily could've slashed the tires of his own campaign.

We can't wait to see how this match plays out. We've got a seasoned vet who's prone to buffoonish comments squaring off against a newcomer whose biggest headline to date has been about her glasses.

Ready your finger foods America - this should be a good one.