‘Sexpert’ discusses sex facts, tips with students

Forget "Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus." Now, men are like microwave ovens, and women are like crock pots.

A crowd of 75, the majority of which were women, laughed as "sexpert" Jay Friedman delivered the facts, jokes and tips on sexual arousal and other topics in the Reitz Union Auditorium on Tuesday night.

Friedman took to the stage to provoke the audience and to dispel common myths.

He talked about the importance of mutual conditions prior to sex with a partner. He described how locker-room talk, homophobia and "blue balls" have shaped many men's views on sex.

Despite what men may think, "blue balls" will not cause them to explode, Friedman said.

"Otherwise, there would be explosions across this campus every night," he said. "It'd be like the Fourth of July in October."

The 75-minute presentation, packed with laughs and strange sex objects, included references as opposite as Janet Jackson and abstinence-only education supporter Gov. Sarah Palin, the Republican vice presidential candidate.

Friedman added that Palin's teenage daughter's pregnancy could have been avoided with sex education.

When Friedman asked the audience to name what men and women have, the audience filled in his pauses.

"Penis!"

"Vagina!"

"Clitoris!"

Then he challenged the audience to get to know those parts of themselves, saying that people, particularly women, would be able to enjoy sex more once they understand their bodies.

Brent Kossina, a fifth-year aerospace engineering major at UF, said he came to the lecture because he loves having sex and wanted to hear funny sex stories.

Kossina said his favorite part was when Friedman showed a female bikini condom, which looked like a tan g-string that the penis is supposed to slide into, as an example of a failed prototype that didn't make the market.