I bet Jevan Snead's 86-yard touchdown pass to Shay Hodge made you queasy. I can't blame you. That was Major Wright's one-way ticket to a SportsCenter highlight - and not the good kind.

That play probably brought back flashes from last year, and that could've brought on a full-blown ulcer.

Yes, Saturday's 31-30 loss was the defense's worst game of the season.

And if that's the worst this team is capable of playing, then the rest of the Southeastern Conference offenses shouldn't salivate anymore at the thought of playing UF.

Playing the worst game of their season, and only giving up 21 points that were their fault (the Rebels' scores off Tim Tebow and Percy Harvin's fumbles aren't the defense's fault), shows they're here to stay.

Lawrence Marsh is actually going to continue to clog up the middle. Joe Haden actually understands the cornerback position this year, and he should issue a formal apology to SEC receivers. Brandon Spikes has been the Gators' best player. At this rate, he'll be the one at all the award shows this year, not Tebow or Harvin.

If you had told me that five weeks into the season that UF's offense was being talked about across the nation, I would've assumed they were scoring more than 50 a game. The thought that there was a Web site called firedanmullen.com was as likely as Tebow being tagged in a Facebook photo while doing a keg stand. I bet you enjoyed that mental image.

If you thought five weeks ago that the Gators' defense would've outplayed the offense, you would have assumed Tebow and Harvin would be standing on the sidelines on crutches.

When this team goes to Fayetteville, I don't expect them to score more than 40. I do expect them to hold Arkansas under 20, however.

Against the Rebels, the Gators allowed 126 yards on two plays. They allowed less than 200 total yards besides that.

Last season, you wouldn't have been surprised if they allowed 200 yards in one half, let alone a game - especially against a competent SEC offense.

There won't be any more times when this defense allows multiple 4th and shorts against a running back that wants it more like they did against LSU last season.

Now there's this group that, when they get stared down, they stare back. This is what happens when you collect talented athletes who have been told they're garbage for over a year. They had to hear that they're the reason why Tebow needed to score six touchdowns a game for the Gators to even have a shot.

Let's put it this way: If last year's UF defense had played Mississippi on Saturday, you would've left your seats a lot earlier. The game would've been over midway through the fourth quarter.

Instead, the offense actually had a chance to win the game. I'm not sure if there was a game last year where Tebow didn't play well, and the Gators still had a chance to win the game.

Just think what will happen if Tebow makes good on his promise to work harder than any other player in the country.

To learn how, he can start by talking to his defense.