In our freshman days, when Maui Teriyaki wasn't 20 minutes away from campus, Sloppy Gator was still alive and the football team battled for a chance at the Outback Bowl (ha!), there was nothing we hated more about dorm life than doing laundry.

Sharing a room wasn't that bad because our roommates were cool with us. Staying at Broward Dining to study for 7 hours - and three meal cycles - allowed us to ignore the fact we were eating the same six-meal rotation each week, which was wonderful for us because we still can't cook. Looking back, we didn't even mind our one-and-done bar habits because turning your stomach inside out by midnight saves you a hell of a lot of money.

Without a doubt, the biggest burden freshman year imposed was doing laundry.

Down the stairs, up the stairs. We're out of quarters. Our wet clothes start to smell like mold before we can locate the single person on campus who can change a five. Then, back down the stairs. Where are our clothes? Fantastic - someone stole our favorite blue shirt. Damn, now we have to go shopping. First, though, back up the stairs.

Laundry was a royal pain. Luckily for students at the University of Virginia, doing laundry will at least be more efficient now. Virginia has installed super-smart washing machines that send text messages alerting students to come pick up their finished loads. No more aimlessly traversing the stairs for the Cavaliers.

Lucky for us, we've got it all figured out, too. See you in a week and a half, Mom.