Here it is. Finally.

The game that has been hyped even before each team had clinched its respective division.

And thankfully, the Southeastern Conference Championship Game will pair the league's top two teams. (I'm looking at you, Big 12.)

This will be No. 1 vs. No. 2.

"I heard it was like a Super Bowl for college," freshman speedster Jeff Demps said.

Well maybe not, Jeff. There's probably not an old washed-up music act slated for halftime.

This will be the signature win UF needs to qualify as a great team.

Because the truth is, the Gators really haven't played anyone so far this season.

It's not really their fault the SEC was down this year. But while UF has been steamrolling through its schedule, who has it really faced?

Let's see, first was a Hawaii team that was a shell of its 2007 squad that got murdered by Georgia in the Sugar Bowl.

Next came Miami, a young, athletic team that will be good down the road. A decent amount of athleticism but a lack of leadership hurt this team trying to come into The Swamp and win. (Remember, UF led only 9-3 late in this game, the first game Percy Harvin played in after returning from injury).

A trip to Knoxville smelled like a blowout going in, and no one even realized at that moment how bad the Volunteers were going to be.

Mississippi came into Gainesville and gave UF a slap in the face, although it was very self-induced by the Gators. This team had to learn it wasn't invincible, although the Rebels turned out to be a decent team by year's end.

Heading to Arkansas is where the miraculous turnaround apparently happened for UF. The fourth quarter, specifically. Tim Tebow remembered the game was supposed to be about fun.

Then came another misleading game, when LSU came to town. Everyone thought the Tigers would be at least decent this season. They weren't. UF hype continues.

Kentucky comes to Gainesville with enough injuries to fill a hospital ward. Gators roll.

Then the game billed in preseason as the biggest of the year falls on itself. UF stomps Georgia, and then Urban Meyer shows some swagger as he begins to realize he may never have a team this talented again.

Yes, the Bulldogs lost to Alabama and UF, both respectable. But they also lost at home to Georgia Tech and only squeaked past 5-7 Auburn and 7-5 South Carolina.

An overmatched Vanderbilt team gets routed. South Carolina comes and UF sweeps them up, too. While I like what the Citadel stands for, I need not talk about its football team. Then the Gators beat a pathetic rebuilding Seminoles squad.

Yes, UF has turned heads by its margins of victory, and I have been impressed like everyone else.

But why should I be, again?

Oh, I just remembered. Because the Gators will romp the Crimson Tide, too.

It's no disrespect to Alabama. The Tide could probably defeat Texas or Penn State in a bowl, maybe even USC.

But this Gators juggernaut is something that is rare. So I'm sorry, college football fans. There will be no thriller Saturday like USC-Texas or Boise St.-Oklahoma.

Just another UF blowout.