Don't be greedy.

If Percy Harvin or Brandon Spikes - or both, for that matter - announce today that they're going to the next level, be proud of their achievements while wearing orange and blue.

Two national championships in three years? That's damn good. What more do they have to prove?

It's natural to be a bit selfish, sure, but realize that if the juniors decide they've accomplished all they can in the college ranks, they may be right.

Mothers and fathers eventually come to the realization that their children need to leave the roost, spread their wings and fly away, much like your parents did when they sent you off to UF.

Spikes and Harvin have some pretty phenomenal wings.

Instead of being upset and screaming at them and calling them money-hungry jerks, remember the good times.

Remember the time Harvin tore up the Southeastern Conference Championship Game in 2006 against Arkansas with two touchdowns, one coming on a 67-yard run.

Remember the day Spikes threw Georgia running back Knowshon Moreno to the ground, effectively claiming that game for the Gators on the second play.

Remember the Harvin who broke off an 80-yard scamper on the first play of the second half against South Carolina this year, then sat the rest of the game because it was a blowout.

And remember Spikes' shanked punt into the south end zone stands against LSU after he had his first interception return for a touchdown at any level.

For three years, these juniors have put their stamp on the program. Harvin's ankles have been sprained and he has broken a few ankles of his own. Spikes has been through a nagging foot injury and lifted plenty of opponents off their feet.

Any decisions these two make will have been thoroughly thought out. They're not going to make decisions as serious as this one in a heartbeat - Urban Meyer wouldn't let them. Meyer has undoubtedly had Harvin and Spikes in contact with NFL coaches and analysts who will inform the two of their best options.

Besides, The Gator Nation should be thankful it still has at least Tim Tebow. My roommate told me Wednesday that, two weeks ago, he would have been thrilled with just Tebow returning, would have been ecstatic if two juniors stayed, and would have "crapped my pants" should all three come back.

Every college program in the country is jealous of the success Harvin and Spikes have had in Gainesville. How much would FSU have loved to land the two of them three years ago? Where would Oklahoma or Ohio State or West Virginia be right now with that duo added to its roster?

No, don't be mad if you get some sad news today. Be proud of Harvin and Spikes. Be happy with the time you shared.

And if, somehow, Gainesville gets some unbelievable news today - Harvin and Spikes are staying for their senior years - then understand how truly lucky you are. Talents like them using up all four years of their eligibility nowadays are extremely rare. If this trio pulls a Noah-Horford-Brewer-Green, you'll be witnessing one of the greatest acts of school spirit trumping millions in history.

You'll get to see them flap their wings one more time and soar over all of college football.