Man arrested in Club Decadence for drug possession

A Gainesville man was arrested at a downtown club after police found crack cocaine and two loaded handguns.

While on foot patrol, Gainesville police spotted two men loitering by a black Jeep Cherokee in the parking lot of Club Decadence at 12 S.W. Second St.

After seeing police walking toward them, the two men quickly shut the doors and walked into the club, the GPD arrest report stated.

In the center console, there was a clear plastic cup in plain view containing what appeared to be bags of crack cocaine, the report stated.

One of the men was arrested and identified as Michael Watts, 22, while the other disappeared into the crowd and was not found, according to the report.

Officials located a .38-caliber revolver and a black 9mm Taurus semiautomatic handgun from the garbage can next to where the men were standing. Both were fully loaded, the report stated.

When asked if they could search the SUV, Watts told the officers that the vehicle was his girlfriend's and told them the drugs were put there by the other man.

According to the report, Police found about 8.7 grams of crack and 11 bags containing about 6.5 grams of powdered cocaine.

GPD has an idea of who this man is but he has not been charged yet, said GPD spokeswoman Summer Hallett.

Watts was arrested and charged with three felonies including possession of drugs with intent to sell.