MIAMI - It's funny to think that a player who committed two turnovers served as a stabilizing influence on the winning team.

Sam Bradford had the better statistics at the end of the game with 256 passing yards and two touchdowns, but it was Tebow who got to hold the Coaches' Trophy in the Gators' 24-14 win against the Sooners

After doing something he had never done in the first half by throwing two interceptions in one game, Tebow transformed to the 2007 Heisman winning form by running linebackers over and stampeding into the history books once again. Tebow finished with 231 yards through the air and two touchdowns.

"I struggled in the first half," Tebow said. "I just tried to get the ball out quick, and they did a good job of getting to me early on. We had to make some adjustments."

Adjustments were definitely made. Tebow finished with 109 yards on the ground, and most of them came in the second half.

"I was coming out here trying to play with everything I had," Tebow said.

That's for sure.

So it would make sense that he went into halftime and told his team he wouldn't let them down.

"The guy was furious," junior receiver David Nelson said of what Tebow was like at halftime.

After hearing Oklahoma cornerback Dominique Franks trash talk earlier in the week about how Tebow would be the fourth best quarterback in the Big 12, Nelson said they should send some chocolates and flowers to Franks for motivating Tebow even more.

Let's just review the Tebow file for a second:

First sophomore to ever win the Heisman. First player to ever run and pass for 20 touchdowns each in a season. And now, he has won two national championships, one as a starter.

When it comes to Tebow, it's hard for any of his teammates to describe him.

"Tebow was just being Tebow," said junior receiver Percy Harvin, who stole much of the offensive spotlight with 171 total offensive yards. "He's been the man all year. He's our great inspirational leader. When he comes into the game, he lifts everybody up."

And what about a senior encore from Tebow? Roommate and receiver Riley Cooper said he thinks Tebow is ready for the NFL, as does offensive lineman Mike Pouncey. Whether or not he enters the NFL Draft this spring, however, that's anybody's guess.

"I love being here," he said. "So it wouldn't be a terrible decision if I come back."

If Tebow does leave, it's with two big, shiny rings on his fingers.