Two boys stop man from beating ex–girlfriend

A man was arrested Sunday after an armed confrontation with his ex-girlfriend and two boys wielding baseball bats, according to a Gainesville Police Department arrest report.

Charles Bradley, 30, attempted several times to reunite with his ex-girlfriend, and he threatened violence each time she refused, the report stated.

Just before 7 p.m. Bradley arrived at his ex-girlfriend's house, where their 8-year-old son was with his 8-year-old friend.

According to the report, Bradley hit his ex-girlfriend on the back of the head with a gun in front of the two boys. He then forced the gun into her face.

"He tried to get her to open her mouth so he could put the gun inside and told her he was going to kill her," said GPD spokeswoman Summer Hallett.

The two 8-year-olds got aluminum baseball bats and attacked Bradley, which made him stop, Hallett said.

After the attack, the woman and the two boys went to the GPD to tell police what happened.

"After all of their stories matched up, the 8-year-olds took the officers where they thought Bradley might be," Hallet said.

When they got to 1900 S.E. Third Terrace, police saw Bradley walking in the parking lot, she said.

Bradley was arrested and charged with four felonies including aggravated assault and possession of a firearm/concealed weapon by a convicted felon. According to the Gainesville police report, Bradley has eight felony convictions.