UF baseball player arrested for drunk driving

A UF baseball player was arrested and charged with driving under the influence early Saturday morning after he was seen swerving into oncoming traffic on West University Avenue.

Stephen Locke, 22, was arrested after he refused to take a field sobriety test.

According to the Gainesville Police Department arrest report, a police officer saw the senior pitcher driving 10 mph under the speed limit on West University Avenue in a black Mercury SUV.

Locke swerved across lanes and the double yellow line, forcing oncoming traffic to swerve to avoid hitting him, the report stated.

According to the report, GPD Officer Daniel Surrency watched Locke cross into the outside lane and into the bicycle lane, almost hitting the curb.

When Locke was pulled over, Surrency wrote in the report that he could smell alcohol on Locke's breath.

According to the report, Locke's eyes were bloodshot and watery, and his speech was slurred.

Locke swayed while standing and leaned on his vehicle for balance when he stepped out of the car. He was also wearing an arm band from Grog House, a bar in midtown.

Because Locke refused to take a field sobriety test, he was arrested and brought into GPD. Upon arrival, Locke also refused to submit to a breath test.

Locke was charged with driving under the influence.