40–foot high flames destroy Gainesville office building

A Gainesville building burned to the ground early Wednesday morning, destroying the office of a chiropractic group and of a non-profit organization called Peaceful Paths.

Gainesville police officers discovered the fire at 2100 NW 53rd Ave. at 1:30 a.m. while on routine patrol. Nobody was in the offices, and there were no injuries, said Carol Davis, spokeswoman for Gainesville Fire Rescue.

When GFR arrived, flames were 40 feet high and the Peaceful Paths building had sustained significant damages. Firefighters focused on preventing the fire from spreading.

Peaceful Paths is a non-profit organization that assists domestic violence victims.

The fire also consumed a building that housed Physicians Group, LLC, but it did not spread to nearby apartments.

"They were able to get it under control fairly quickly," Davis said.

Trish White, case manager for Peaceful Paths, said that the organization will rebuild as soon as possible. She said services will lapse only about a week while the organization arranges a temporary office.

People have offered money, supplies or even office space to help the organization deal with the loss.

"We know that we will land on our feet," White said.