Gainesville man flees police from downtown parking lot

A Gainesville man was arrested for possessing guns and crack cocaine after a police foot chase.

After getting a tip early Sunday morning that there was a man waving a gun in a downtown parking garage, Gainesville Police officers arrived to find a man matching the description.

When police approached, the man told police that he wasn't the one they were looking for and pointed to another man in a white shirt, said GPD spokesman Keith Kameg.

When attention shifted to the man in white, he ran out of the garage. After chasing him four blocks, police caught Lashard Isaac, 22, the GPD arrest report stated.

While searching Isaac's car in the parking garage, officers found a .45-caliber Glock handgun under the driver's seat, the report stated.

Officers also found a plastic tube containing 12.7 grams of crack cocaine that was packaged for individual sale, according to the report. Because Isaac was convicted for grand theft in 2007, he was charged with possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.

He was also charged with sale of a controlled substance within 1,000 feet of a church, possession of a controlled substance and resisting an officer without violence.