Man accused of huffing stolen product in Wal–Mart bathroom

A Gainesville man was arrested for petit theft after he was accused of taking six cans of a computer keyboard-cleaning product into a Wal-Mart bathroom.

Gainesville police arrived at the Wal-Mart on N.W. 13th Street Sunday after a sales associate informed them of the man's suspicious behavior.

Officers found Dustin Martin, 23, in the bathroom after he had inhaled five out of the six cans of the computer-cleaning product, said GPD spokesman Keith Kameg.

Martin was taken to Shands at AGH for treatment following the incident.

Kameg said that this is not the first run-in GPD has had with Martin.

GPD has been called on numerous occasions when Martin was stealing cans or had already "huffed" them and passed out from the act, Kameg said.

Earlier this month, Kameg said Martin was found passed out near Bonefish Grill on S.W. Archer Road.

"We have a very good sense of how this case is going to end, and it is going to be poorly," Kameg said.

"If these addictions don't get under control, the chemicals in this product are probably going to kill him."