Nightclub promoter arrested, charged with four felonies

A well-known nightclub promoter was arrested Monday and charged with four felonies after an investigation proved he sexually battered two women in September, according to a Gainesville Police Department arrest report.

On Sept. 13, Luis "Luijo" Pereira, 31, and two girls were drinking alcohol at local bars and eventually went back to his apartment at 207 S.E. 2nd Place where they continued drinking.

Both women passed out and were carried to Pereira's bedroom, the report stated.

At about 5 a.m., one of the women told officials that when she woke up, Pereira was sexually assaulting her, but she was unable to stop him.

According to the report, when she got out of bed to leave the apartment and call the police, Pereira raped the second woman.

The second woman told police she woke up while Pereira was penetrating her with his penis, but she was unable to resist him and fell back unconscious.

According to the report, both women told police they never gave Pereira consent to have sex with them.

Pereira was charged with two counts of sexual battery while the victim was physically helpless and two counts of sexual battery while the victim was incapacitated.