The Santa Fe College softball team, four-time MFC Champions, had two swept out from under them in a doubleheader against Seminole Community College on Tuesday.

The Saints (33-5, 8-4 Mid-Florida Conference) lost to the Raiders 12-6 in the first game and 2-1 in the second.

"(It was) disappointing," SFC coach Chris Ahern said. "They weren't at their best. There were errors at bad times, no hits, and runners were left on base - and with bases loaded, more than once. They came to play. They outhit us."

SCC, ranked No. 1 in the state, was too much for Santa Fe. Pitcher Hope Bitzer and catcher Kelly Karshner couldn't keep the ball in the park. Home runs by the Raiders accounted for 5 of the first game's 12 runs.

In Game 2, the Saints held their own, keeping the game scoreless until the third, when the Raiders went up 1-0. Freshman pitcher Kimberly Squires tied the score in the sixth with a home run, but the Saints fell short in the eighth inning, giving up 1 more run.

"We need to hit better," freshman shortstop Morgan Fortson said. "We need to play as a team and realize there are teams out there that are better than us."