Two faculty members in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences will be laid off June 30 to make way for the reinstatement of two assistant professors last week, according to Paul D'Anieri, dean of the college.

The faculty members, who are not eligible for tenure, are in the languages, literatures and cultures departments, he wrote.

No classes will be canceled as a result of the layoffs, he wrote.

The faculty will be let go to cut costs added by the reinstatement of assistant professors Andrea Pham and Hana Filip. Pham's layoff was overturned earlier this month by an arbitrator who ruled UF violated its contract with the faculty union when it laid her off. Filip, who also filed a grievance, was reinstated because she was laid off under similar circumstances.

A grievance filed last year on behalf of laid-off lecturer Rose Lugano has not been settled yet.

They were three of eight UF faculty members who lost their jobs during the last round of budget cuts.

D'Anieri also wrote that the college has changed its 10 percent budget cut proposal, which is due to UF Provost Joe Glover today. Under the change, the priority of cuts would be different. Instead of the geological sciences department being in Tier 8, which would mean it would be cut before the religion department, in Tier 10, the departments would be split among the two tiers.

This means if the college has to make large cuts, both departments will make cuts at the same time instead of the geological sciences department having to make cuts first.