The Arredondo Room reopened as the Arredondo Café on the fourth floor of the Reitz Union Monday.

The café, which serves buffet-style meals and offers a panoramic view of Ben Hill Griffin Stadium, is the result of construction that combined the Arredondo Room and the Micanopy Room, as well as upgrades that brought the 40-year-old section of the Reitz up to code, according to Mike Mironack, director of operations at the Reitz Union.

"We've improved the look, feel and function of the room while satisfying some infrastructural needs," Mironack said.

The construction costs, which fell between $500,000 and $700,000, included the installation of a permanent buffet line as well as new lights, furniture, window treatments and speakers. New restrooms were also built in the fourth-floor lobby.

Customers slowly trickled in and out of the café during its inception. UF sophomore Natalie Nelson said she enjoyed being one of the few people there.

"Lot of food, quiet location, excellent view," she said.

The Arredondo Café will be open from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m. Monday through Friday during Summer A and B.