More than a year after it opened, UF's Graham Center for Public Service is appointing a full-time director.

Ann Henderson, who has worked for the U.S. State Department as a foreign service officer and is the founding president of the Rodel Charitable Foundation-which focuses on issues like affordable housing, education and the environment - will be taking over for interim director Walter Rosenbaum on July 1, according to a UF news release.

She will earn a salary of $145,000, a $125,000 difference from Rosenbaum's $20,000 salary, according to Paul D'Anieri, dean of the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.

Henderson would like to expand the reach of the center's lecture series to include Web seminars and blogs maintained by the speakers who come to campus, she said.

This past year, speakers included former Secretary of State Madeleine Albright and Pulitzer Prize-winner David McCullough.

Henderson also said she wants to host a speakers series about Florida's water issues.

"Water is our most important resource in Florida," she said. "We have enough of it, we just don't have it distributed where we want it and need it."

The goal of the Graham Center, which officially opened in March of 2008, is to prepare students for careers that deal with homeland security, the Americas and public service.