A sworn complaint for stalking has been filed against the ex-boyfriend of a UF employee after he allegedly called the woman about 100 times Sunday night.

The 42-year-old employee, who works in the southeast section of campus, told police her ex-boyfriend began calling her repeatedly around 10 p.m., said University Police Department spokesman Capt. Jeff Holcomb.

She recognized the number, decided not to answer and also turned her phone ringer off.

He kept calling, and when she woke up the next morning she noticed there were about 100 missed calls on her phone as well as several voice messages, she told police.

The content of the voice messages was not detailed in the report, Holcomb said. The man, a 41-year-old Gainesville resident, began calling her at work Monday morning.

After receiving seven calls at work by about 11 a.m., she reported the calls to police.

In addition to stalking, the man faces possible charges for violating a restraining order, Holcomb said.

As of Monday, when the incident report was filed, police had yet to make contact with the ex-boyfriend, he said.