Doe settles legal issues, not practicing with team

Florida linebacker Dustin Doe settled his legal issues Thursday, but coach Urban Meyer said he hasn't complained rejoined the Gators yet.

Meyer said the senior will be suspended at least one game, although no final decision has been made.

Doe has not practiced with the team this fall after being suspended in late July following his arrest for driving with a suspended license.

Meyer said Doe is currently training individually while he tries to return to playing shape.

Doe pled guilty Thursday to driving with a suspended license and driving without a valid license. The first charge came with a sentence of a year of unsupervised probation, a $300 fine and 16 hours of work detail. The second charge resulted in six months of unsupervised probation, another $300 fine and another eight hours of work detail.

Doe's suspended license had been caused by outstanding traffic tickets, which have now been paid off, and the senior presented the judge with a valid driver's license.

"He's a good guy, but don't drive," Meyer said Friday. "Don't drive. I don't understand it. I don't want to make light of a guy's career, because he has a lot of promise. The great thing is it's not over. We're certainly not turning our back on a guy for that kind of a situation. However, you live in the United States of America and there are laws. Follow the laws."

Information from The Associated Press contributed to this report.