Offensive coordinator Steve Addazio said Monday that he deserves all the blame for the third-quarter play that resulted in Tim Tebow suffering a concussion.

There has been much discussion in the days following Florida's 41-7 win regarding Taylor Wyndham's third-quarter sack that left Tebow motionless on the ground and what was supposed to happen on the play.

Wyndham ran unblocked off the left side of the line of scrimmage, but Addazio said that was due to a bad protection scheme rather than a missed block.

"No, it's not a missed assignment. That's not the case at all," Addazio said. "(For) every protection there's an answer, and sometimes you get something you're not supposed to get.

"There's a lot of factors that go into every play. There's little pieces that are very fragile here that have to happen, but everyone kinda did what they were supposed to do. I think ultimately on that play right there, where everything didn't exactly go to plan, it should go on one guy's shoulders - mine. That's it. No one else's. … It's not on any player. I've gotta be in a better scheme."

Offensive lineman Maurkice Pouncey said after the game Tebow was supposed to roll to the right and get rid of the ball quickly. Addazio admitted Monday there were some timing errors on the play and said Tebow moving out of the pocket is one potential option of the play depending on the defensive scheme.

"There's a fine line based on what pressure might come - for the defense and for the offense," Addazio said. "There's a risk and a reward. We've been in this protection for five years."

BROOKS ON THE LINE: Coach Urban Meyer said Kentucky coach Rich Brooks called Meyer to follow up after Tebow's tough hit Saturday night.

"On behalf of his team and his staff, he just wanted to check on Tim," Meyer said. "You talk about first-class people. I've been to some hospitals in my life, I've never seen anything like what they did."

FINE BACKUP OPTION: If Tebow can't play at LSU on Oct. 10, Meyer is confident his backup can get the job done.

John Brantley went 4 for 6 for 30 yards and a touchdown against Kentucky, bouncing back from a fumbled snap with a well-placed completion to Riley Cooper in the end zone.

"John actually managed the game fairly well when he was in there," Meyer said. "If that fumble didn't occur, life's pretty good for Johnny. He played pretty well."

Most of Florida's scholarship players had the day off Monday, but Brantley practiced in order to receive some more snaps in preparation for an increased role.