In response to Paul Murty: Like most fair-minded people, Jesus was both a liberal on some issues and a conservative on others. He felt a great drive to understand and help the poor. He also spoke of his admiration and respect for soldiers in service of their country. He tells us to "render unto Caesar what is Caesar's and render unto God what is God's." Here we can see a broad range of reasonable views emphasized to different degrees by both liberals and conservatives.

On the other hand, Jesus was not a socialist. He believed in the power of the individual through faith in the Lord and in his fellow man for positive change, not in the power of an overbearing state. And Jesus was especially not a communist, considering he did not believe in the bloody overthrow of the established order, and considering that as he was the son of God, he probably didn't think that belief in a higher power was, as Marx put it, the misguided 'opiate of the masses.'

Considering how many Christians and other people of faith were murdered for their beliefs by socialists and communists in the last century; calling Jesus either defies common decency and common sense.