Moody still in the mix after fumble against Troy

A year ago, Emmanuel Moody's career at Florida was headed in the right direction.

Moody was named the Gators' starting running back against Tennessee last season, and he finished with a game-high 55 yards on nine carries. But an ankle injury soon after caused him to miss three games, and Chris Rainey and Jeff Demps combined for 487 yards and four touchdowns in his absence.

Moody has never regained the starting role, and he tallied just one carry - a fumble - last week against Troy. Despite apparently benching Moody for the fumble, UF coach Urban Meyer says he still plans to play the redshirt junior as the season goes on.

"When you put your mind into someone whose whole world is carrying the football and playing at Florida, then it goes: injury, fumble, this and this," Meyer said. "I certainly have not lost confidence in him, we just have to get him right."

INJURY UPDATE: Meyer said defensive tackle Lawrence Marsh (ankle) is probable for this weekend's game against Tennessee, and he also expects receiver Deonte Thompson (hamstring) to play, though he may miss a few days of practice.

TEBOW TAKES AWARD: Quarterback Tim Tebow was named Southeastern Conference Offensive Player of the Week on Monday. The senior completed 15 of 24 passes for 237 yards and four touchdowns and added 71 yards and a touchdown running. He is second in the nation in passing efficiency (197.95) behind Arkansas' Ryan Mallett (210.25) … Through two games, the Gators are No. 1 in total offense (643.5 yards per game), No. 1 in scoring offense (59 ppg), No. 22 in total defense (231 ypg allowed ) and No. 5 in scoring defense (4.5 ppg allowed).