As I was driving to the movies past The Oaks Mall on Sept. 11, I saw a group of anti-Islam protesters complete with "Islam is of the Devil" T-shirts. The scene was appalling, and the only consolation I found was that no one honked for them or showed support.

Among the signs, I spotted two that seemed out of place (even more out of place than the idiotic anger of the intolerant). One said "Jesus Was Not a Liberal," and the other touted "Forgiveness."

I'd like to point out that Jesus was, in fact, a liberal, a socialist and arguably, a communist. The Bible Belters who hate President Obama and his "socialist" ideals fail to realize that their hero was one of the original socialists.

Check out the "Sermon on the Mount" for evidence.

I don't understand why at every religious protest, politics has to get dragged into the equation. Not only did these protesters have an intolerant message of hatred, they were completely wrong in what they were protesting.

And about the "Forgiveness" sign: If you want to send the message of forgiveness, which is a great message, try not to have the sign right next to an anti-Islam rally that is centered on not forgiving a culture of people for what 19 individual extremists did.