Police said a man was seen masturbating in a pickup truck near Sorority Row twice in the last week.

The latest incident occurred on Friday at the intersection of Southwest Eighth Avenue and Southwest 13th Street, police said.

A woman on a scooter looked over into the man's pickup truck, which was stopped next to her at a stoplight, and noticed he appeared to be masturbating inside the vehicle, University Police Department spokesman Capt. Jeff Holcomb said.

A few days earlier, a student walking back to her sorority house noticed a man in a pickup truck on Museum Road who appeared to be doing the same thing.

The suspect is described as a white man, 35 to 40 years old, with short, brown, wavy hair and brown eyes.

He was wearing a light colored shirt and driving an older model - possibly 1995 to 2000 - light blue Toyota Tacoma pickup truck, police said.

Police were handing out fliers around the area on Friday to notify residents and will be increasing patrols.

Police are asking anyone with information about the incidents to call UPD's Criminal Investigations Division at 352-392-4705.