After a flubbed test of its emergency messaging system Wednesday, UF will send another batch of text messages to students and employees some time today.

In order to make the test more realistic, UF won't announce to students or the company in charge of sending the messages when it plans to conduct the test, UF spokesman Steve Orlando said.

Orlando said this time UF is hoping the messages will be sent out within 10 minutes or less.

On Wednesday, because of a glitch that delayed messages for about 14 minutes, it took about 23 minutes for all the texts to be sent to cell phone carriers, said Kenneth Allen, UF's emergency management coordinator.

That doesn't include the time it takes for carriers to deliver the messages to individual phones, Allen said.

Orlando said if today's test doesn't go well, UF might have to replace Blackboard Connect, the company in charge of the system.

"This is essentially their last shot," he said.

Ed Miller, president of the company, said the problem has already been fixed and he's not worried at all.

"I'll sleep soundly tonight," Miller said Thursday afternoon.