UF's first mass swine flu vaccination went off without a major hitch on Wednesday, with about 700 students showing up to receive their doses. The other 100 or so students who made appointments did not show up, said Kat Lindsey, marketing coordinator for the Student Health Care Center. The center has not decided what to do with the extra doses, but director Phillip Barkley said UF could have another vaccination day or maybe hold on to the extras until the next shipment arrives.

Students who kept their appointments reported no issues with lines and said the entire process took a few minutes at most.

"I just thought it was pretty sweet," second-year UF psychology student Ari Osteen said.

"You just sniff some drugs, and you're good," Osteen joked.

He said he appreciated how efficient the process was and that the vaccine was free. He also praised the free plastic back massagers and lollipops doled out by the staff.

The University of Central Florida joined UF this week in administering the vaccine to students. UCF received about 1,500 doses for students and employees, with about 300 doses given out so far, according to spokesman Chad Binette.