After weeks of questions, Florida got to take a breather this time.

The No. 1 Gators (11-0) scored a touchdown on all but one non-kneel-down possession as UF romped Florida International 62-3 on Saturday.

Fans got a chance to see a glimpse of the future, too.

Redshirt sophomore John Brantley relieved Tebow midway through the third quarter and threw touchdown passes on three drives. Each of them went to a different non-senior receiver.

"It's not just throwing the ball," coach Urban Meyer said. "That's about one-third, one-fourth of playing quarterback. He ran the ball well. He dropped his pads a couple times, and most importantly, he managed the team well."

Brantley finished the day 9-of-13 passing for 146 yards and three scores and added 23 yards on the ground.

The passing game that has come under so much scrutiny this year ran on all cylinders against the Golden Panthers (3-8), although the Sun Belt Conference member ranks near the bottom of the Football Division Subdivision in total defense.

Tebow and Brantley combined for 361 yards and five touchdowns through the air. Florida's 26 receptions were divided among nine players, with Deonte Thompson leading the way with five catches for 66 yards.

Florida's defense continued to do what it does best -- dominate. FIU didn't get a non-penalty first down until its sixth possession of the game. The Gators set the tone early, allowing only 14 yards in the first quarter, and Brandon Spikes had an interception on the Golden Panthers' opening drive. Spikes returned it 41 yards for a touchdown, his fourth pick-six in the past two years, which is best in the country.

Now UF can stop even pretending to worry about FIU as rival Florida State comes to The Swamp as the Gators celebrate Senior Day. ESPN's College GameDay will be in attendance.