Director and producer Brett Ratner will be stopping by Tuesday at 8 p.m. to speak at the University Auditorium.

Ratner, who was brought by Accent Speakers Bureau, will talk about his career and give students advice on life after college.

Ratner attended New York University and since then has directed more than 100 music videos and eight movies, including "Red Dragon," "X-Men: The Last Stand" and "Rush Hour."

"Not everyone may want to be a director, but you have to have your own goals," he said.

Ratner, who is originally from Miami, said most of his high school friends attended UF, and he has always wanted to visit Gainesville.

Although he is done with school, Ratner said he is continually learning and improving his skills as a storyteller.

"I have so much more to learn and more to do," he said. "You never really feel like you've achieved anything because there is always someone better than you."

However, he said passion has been the key to his success so far.

"I'm not afraid to fail," he said. "And if I'm able to communicate that to some college kids, then that's great too."