UF received its first batch of H1N1 vaccines for students Monday afternoon.

The Student Health Care Clinic was given 1,000 doses of the nasal spray form of the vaccine - 800 of which are for students only - from the Alachua County Health Department, said Kat Lindsey, SHCC marketing coordinator.

The remaining 200 doses are for students, faculty and staff who care for children six months or younger, including workers at Baby Gator, Lindsey said.

Students need to sign up online at shcc.ufl.edu/h1n1/ for an appointment to get the free vaccine. Appointments are first come, first serve.

Appointments will be available on Wednesday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the infirmary, with 50 spots available every half hour.

Lindsey said she expects the appointments to fill up quickly.

Students are required to present their Gator 1 cards to get the vaccine and are asked to print and fill out a medical questionnaire from the UF Web site before coming in.

Students must be 25 or younger to receive the vaccine. Those who are pregnant or have chronic medical conditions should not get the nasal spray form of the vaccine, according to the UF Web site.

Lindsey said she has no idea when UF will receive more doses of the vaccine.

"We may end up just getting them in spurts like this," she said.

UF has requested about 45,000 doses.

The university was given about 600 doses of the injectable form of the vaccine for health care workers in specific departments last month.