UF's Student Health Care Center will start vaccinating hundreds of students against the novel H1N1 flu, also known as swine flu, Wednesday at 9 a.m.

The center received 800 doses of the vaccine for students Monday afternoon and hopes to administer them all Wednesday.

Students who made appointments online will be seen, 50 every half hour from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., and given one spray of the vaccine in each nostril.

As of about 8:45 p.m. Tuesday, all 800 appointments were filled.

Kat Lindsey, marketing coordinator for the health care center, said she expected all the slots to be filled up by the end of Tuesday night.

If any doses of the vaccine are still available at the end of Wednesday, they will likely be administered another day, Lindsey said.

She said students will be asked to submit their completed medical questionnaire and sign in on the front lawn of the infirmary before their appointments Wednesday.

Because of the large number of people being seen in such a short period of time, the University Police Department will be on hand in case there are any problems, she said.

In addition to the 800 doses designated for students, UF was given another 200 doses for caretakers of children 6 months or younger.

Appointments can be made over the phone for students, faculty or staff who qualify, Lindsey said.