For UF students, fundraising for Haiti this weekend may be as simple as eating pancakes, listening to music or attending a gala.

Angela Pierre, public relations chairwoman for Club Creole, said she hopes to raise more than $5,000 dollars at the annual Club Creole Gala Saturday night at the Turkey Creek Golf & Country Club in Alachua.

The night of Haitian cuisine, music and art will benefit Project Haiti.

Project Haiti is a group of medical students and faculty who travel to Haiti each spring to bring medical care and supplies to the area.

“It will be educational,” Pierre said. “It will be cultural.”

Pierre said Club Creole is partnering with the Tallahassee chapter of the Haitian Cultural Club and the Dominican Student Organization to produce the fundraiser.

“It’s a really good collaborative effort to have everyone get on board for the cause,” Pierre said.

The Greek community is also helping Haiti.

Kappa Alpha Theta Sorority and Sigma Phi Epsilon Fraternity are co-hosting a pancake brunch at the Kappa Alpha Theta house on Friday.

Clare Sullivan, vice president of development for the sorority, said guests can pay $5 at the door and enjoy all-you-can-eat pancakes from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.

“We were trying to think of other ways to bring people together and get people to donate,” Sullivan said.

All of the proceeds will go to Gators United for Haiti, Sullivan said.

Music fans can head over to Brophy’s Irish Pub Friday at 9 p.m. for an earthquake relief benefit show.

David Sutton, one of the event’s coordinators, said he went to Haiti over the summer to help install water filtration systems.

After the earthquake, he said he knew he wanted to do more.

For a $5 cover charge, students get free beer and the chance to rock out to local bands and musicians.

Sutton said the goal is to raise $5,000.

“I’d really like to see a good turnout,” he said.