Student Government candidates are still campaigning and so is the Reitz Union.

In addition to posters and fliers, the Renew Your Reitz campaign has spread to the Internet home pages of computers in Smathers Libraries, which has partnered with the Renew Your Reitz campaign.

The Renew Your Reitz campaign encourages students to vote for a student fee funding the renovation and expansion of the Reitz Union.

Ryan Moseley, the Renew Your Reitz committee chair, said representatives have tried different means of campaigning for the expansion and renovation of the Reitz, including table-top display ads.

He said setting up the home pages on the computers in the libraries was a way to get the message of the campaign to more students.

“We’re really not trying to be up in everybody’s face,” Moseley said.

Students can view the Web site when they log on to the computers, or they can navigate away to another page, Moseley said.

“You have the option to learn about something and read about something that’s important on campus, but on the same token, it’s a more passive kind of format,” he said.

He said the Renew Your Reitz campaign is not an entity of an SG party, so it is not subject to the same rules and regulations as a normal SG campaign.

Moseley said it is not illegal for the Renew Your Reitz representatives to campaign and encourage students to vote in favor of the Reitz Union fee on the SG ballot.

“We’re just really trying to get the message out there in any format we can,” Moseley said.

Adam Watts, a Ph.D. candidate in the School of Natural Resources and Environment, said he noticed renewyourreitz.com was the Internet home page on the computer he used in the Marston Science Library Tuesday afternoon. He tried to alter the home page on his computer but was blocked from making changes.

Watts, who voted Tuesday in Student Government elections and is active in Graduate Assistants United, said students shouldn’t pay for a building that will not be completed by the time they graduate.

“I really question why any student should have to pay for the university to renovate one of the buildings,” Watts said, adding buildings with labs and classrooms should be renovated before the Reitz Union.