The Student Alliance party and the Unite Party have begun collecting donations for their campaigning efforts in the weeks leading up to Student Government elections.

The Unite Party has received a total of $11,770 in donations as of Sunday, and the Student Alliance party has received a total of $5,828 as of Thursday, according to campaign finance records.

The Action Party last updated its campaign finance records on Jan. 27, posting $81.85 in donations.

Supervisor of Elections Ariana Alfonso said the Action Party has not submitted financial reports since Feb. 1.

According to finance records, the biggest donors for the Unite Party and the Student Alliance party were their candidates for Student Body president.

Ashton Charles, the Unite Party candidate for Student Body president, donated $6,000 as of Feb. 2, and Ben Cavataro, the Student Alliance party candidate for Student Body president, donated $1,500 as of Feb. 1.

Marcus Dixon, the Unite Party's Student Body vice president candidate, and Virlany Taboada, the Unite Party's Student Body treasurer candidate, each donated $2,000.

Sagar Sane, the Student Alliance party's candidate for vice president, and Rafael Yaniz, the Student Alliance party's candidate for treasurer, both donated $500.

The majority of expenditures are going toward T-shirts, fliers and stickers.

The Unite Party spent about $10,050.21 on T-shirts, and the Student Alliance party spent $2,900 on T-shirts, according to finance records.

Both the Unite Party and the Student Alliance party saved money by having volunteers work on their campaign videos.

Sen. Ben Meyers, spokesman for the Unite Party, said his party created a video available on YouTube and the Unite Party Web site.

"Everyone who is in the video really wanted to participate," Meyers said.

Nick Mildebrath, campaign manager for the Student Alliance party, said his party's video was also created by volunteers.

The Student Alliance party video, entitled "It's Time," is also available on its Web site and YouTube.