Monday, April 29, 2024

I hope that I am joined by the entire university community in condemning the most recent incident of hate speech on our campus. For those of you who do not know, fliers were distributed across campus and around Gainesville that said, “Student Alliance party is the Nazi Party,” printing our logo and a swastika with an equal sign between them.

I am disgusted individuals who stand against us, individuals who have used the deaths of millions for political ends, have resulted to such cowardly and despicable tactics. If you have any information about who committed this act, I beg you to come forward now. Finding the truth in this matter is the first step to healing our campus in the aftermath of this entire ordeal.

As a Jew, a member of the Student Alliance and a UF student, I am extremely offended by these actions. We all need to stand against this example of bigotry and hate and we must come together as students. I urge you all to stay strong, even in the face of this vile act. As one voice, we can drown out the hate on this campus and work together for our university’s future.