Interviews for Student Government positions with the Unite and Student Alliance parties began Friday and will continue today and Tuesday.

Fifty Senate seats are available.

Unite Party Sen. Ben Meyers said the Unite Party interviewed 43 students Friday.

Meyers said all of the potential candidates came with great ideas.

“I think we’re seeing the cream of the crop from every college and every constituency,” Meyers said. “We’re extremely honored that they’ve come out and chose to slate with Unite.”

Yevgen Sautin, the director of recruitment and slating for the Student Alliance party, said  between 25 and 30 students interviewed with the Student Alliance Party on Friday.

“We’re  bringing together a very diverse and energetic body of students,” Sautin said.

Mary Liu, a sophomore math major, chose to interview with the Student Alliance party because she wanted to learn more about SG and help modernize the way SG handles its budget.

“I really want to work with Student Alliance because they have a greater connection with the majority of the Student Body,” Liu said.

UF freshman Sam Kahn slated with the Unite Party because he said he believes in the platform goals of diversity, progression and results.

“I want to give back to everything that UF has given me,” Kahn said.

Slating interviews for both parties will continue Monday and Tuesday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. in Room 284 of the Reitz Union. Students should bring a resume and a Gator 1 Card.

Supervisor of Elections Ariana Alfonso said the Action Party and the Valence Party are registered but did not interview any students.