Richard Selwach will sell you a handgun, but he won’t take a handout. Craig Lowe bought enough stamps to mail 23,672 first-class letters. Ozzy Angulo preferred to campaign by city bus.

Not only did Gainesville’s five mayoral candidates have differing views on how to manage the city budget, they also had differing views on how to manage campaign finances.

By law, candidates must submit campaign financial reports to the Supervisor of Elections Office on everything — from the $60 Don Marsh paid to attend the Rotary Club of Gainesville’s Wild Game Feast to Craig Lowe’s $76.51 trip to ABC Fine Wine and Spirits for refreshments for a fundraiser.

Candidates must also report all donations received.

Craig Lowe’s campaign accumulated more funds than any other candidate. Nearly 500 businesses and individuals contributed a total of $33,459.41 to Lowe’s campaign between September 2 and March 11.

Mayor Pegeen Hanrahan was among Lowe’s donors, giving $100 to the former city commissioner’s campaign.

Richard Selwach contributed $10,300 to his own campaign efforts but did not take one dollar in outside donations.

Monica Leadon Cooper received $10,435, and Don Marsh brought in $7,729. Angulo raised $415.05 — $54 went to buying 18 bus fares.

Fundraising will continue for Lowe and Marsh, the two run-off candidates.

Lowe’s campaign spokesman, Eric Conrad, said although he was pleased with the amount of funds coming into the campaign, Lowe will likely hold additional fundraisers during the next month.

Marsh passed out donation slips at his post-election party Tuesday night.

“I really need to make some money,” he said.