You may be freshly bronzed from those Spring Break fiascoes in the sun, but soon the honeymoon will be as done as your reputation from that night out in Cabo. However, your tan (existing as your one bit of dignity from that vacation) will soon disappear—causing you to resemble more of a “Twilight” vampire than Jessica Alba’s doppelganger.

What ever is a hopeful bronze to do? Fake it. Spray-tanning salons in Gainesville offer the most unique of methods in faux tanning. No worries, you won’t walk out looking like a Cheeto. Local salons have just the equipment to make your spray tan look as little like Snooki as possible.

Planet Beach and LAE Tanning and Boutique offer the Mystic Tanning service. The Mystic Tanning booth allows tanners to customize their 30-second spray tan by choosing from cartridges ranging from the aroma of the spray to the shade of your tan—even offering a “glow” shade for those that are the palest of pales. Planet Beach also offers a unique Hydration Station, which is a warm steam bath used before your spray-tan session.

The bath allows pores to open in order to accelerate your tan and cause it to seep deeper into the skin layers, thus making your tan last longer. LAE Tanning and Boutique and Tan USA utilize airbrush tanning, a spray tan applied by a technician. While airbrush tanning takes longer than the under-a-minute Mystic Tanning, it allows for a more personalized experience. LAE uses all-natural, hypoallergenic products with a special “no oranging” factor. Tan USA also offers the personal airbrush system and makes sure that your tanning experience is custom fit to you—allowing customers to even just get their faces sprayed for that sun-kissed look.

Where to Fake it:

Planet Beach

3439 W University Avenue 352-335-3123

Tanning Technique: Mystic UV Free Spray Tanning, Hydration Station

Price: Under $30

*Unique Hydration Station allows for a longer lasting, more even tan.

LAE Tanning and Boutique

1636 W University, 352- 381-0040

Tanning Technique: Mystic UV Free Spray Tanning, Airbrush

Price: Under $30

*Airbrush technicians trained in Los Angeles

Tan USA

6783 W Newberry Road, 352-331-8266

Tanning Technique: Airbrush

Price: Under $30

*Coupons running all the time, never expire