It was a packed house Friday night when the Invisible Children Legacy Tour made a stop at UF.

With every seat in the Reitz meeting room filled, students sat on the floor and stood outside the doors to listen to speakers Comfort Okello and Norman Okot share stories about life in Uganda.

Stephanie Alman, president of the UF Chapter of Invisible Children, said she wasn't sure how many people would come to the event.

"I can't believe how hard everyone has worked for the past month to make sure every seat would be full. It's just so rewarding to know all the time everyone has put in has paid off."

While surprised with the turnout, Alman said it is often difficult to get students to support something

they aren't familiar with.

Alman noted that members of UF IC approached teachers and asked if students could receive extra

credit for attending the event.

"We somehow had to get them here to then relay the message and to share the stories," she said.

Invisible Children, a non-profit organization that works to aid children in war-torn Uganda, created the tour to highlight the Legacy Scholarship Fund, which provides education and mentoring to children in Uganda. Many children in Uganda have been forced into becoming child soldiers.

"Seeing these kids with the guns it brings pain. These kids are supposed to be holding pens and books," Okello said.

Okello, an assistant in Invisible Children's Economic Development Initiative, believes strongly in the value of education.

When she received a scholarship to attend university in 2008 she said it was the best day of her life.

Okello encouraged UF students to continue to pursue education and told them about the Legacy Scholarship Fund in which $35 a month provides a secondary school education for a Ugandan child.

"We believe in the power of education. Education is wealth. I believe the youth can do this, I believe they can change the world."

Daphne Toussant, 19 came to the event for extra credit. But, she's happy she stayed.

"I got more than five extra credit points, I actually learned about something that I was so blind to."

About 215 people attended the event Friday night.