Theatre Strike Force worked around the clock at Orange and Brew on Friday, delivering improv from noon to midnight.

The marathon, which was also presented by RUB Entertainment, raised about $1,000 for the Theatre Strike Force Relay for Life Team.

TSF has already raised $4,500 for Relay for Life from previous fundraisers.

Kaylyn Brickey, a zoology junior and the TSF philanthropy chairwoman, said the majority of the money was raised during the last two hours of improv.

“The audience was really responsive,” Brickey said. “It was a fun time for all of us. It was almost like recess, but for 12 hours.”

Online viewers also had a chance to enjoy the show.

For the first time in the show’s  five-year history, TSF broadcasted the marathon through a Web cam on Ustream.tv, a live video-streaming Web site.

Students watching the show online could comment and chat with one another.

Brickey said the actors wanted to give back to  people in the audience.

“It makes it fun for the audience to see us make it up on the spot after we’ve been doing it for so many hours,” Brickey said.   

TSF members and a few Gainesville improv troupes such as ArACkA, Rogue and Sharkpunch, all performed throughout the day. The improv acts included short-form comedy similar in style to the TV show “Whose Line is it Anyway?”

It also included long-form comedic acts similar to those seen on “The Office” and “Curb Your Enthusiasm, ” which aren’t as mainstream and have more of a storytelling quality, said Rich Camillucci, a TSF member.

“This is the most improvised it’s going to get,” Camillucci said. “We’re taking improv to the nth degree.”