The Slightly Stoopid and G. Love & Special Sauce concert was cut short Saturday night at about 9 p.m., as the audience grew overly aggressive and several people were injured.

According to Aaron Crespin, Student Government Production's chairman, about 12,000 people attended the concert at Flavet Field.

At one point during the show, Slightly Stoopid’s lead singer Miles Doughty asked the crowd to calm down in order to let EMTs carry an injured man, who appeared to be unconscious, out of the audience.

Crespin said about 11 people were taken away in ambulances.

Another individual left the concert after being punched in the face and bleeding from his eye.

Several more students, either injured, crowd surfing, or in possession of or under the influence of alcohol or other drugs, were pulled from the front of the crowd and escorted out of the concert, as well.

“At first the crowd was calm,” UF freshman Jessica Pariente said. “But as the concert continued, the crowd started to get really rough and people just began pushing each other around. That’s when people started getting hurt.”

EMTs and police officers continued to move into and out of the audience to control the crowd throughout the night. Authorities warned the audience to settle down.

Crespin said the University Police Department ended the show early to prevent further injuries.

UPD would not comment on the situation on Sunday.

“I don’t think it could’ve been prevented, but maybe if there were more police present, it could have helped the situation,” Pariente said.