Brace yourself - social networking in the future

After having written several posts on one of the most promising and popular topics of all time- social networking, I feel quite nostalgic bidding adieu with this last post of mine. Through the last few blogs, we have learnt about the rise, growth, dangers, benefits and accessibility of social networking Web sites.

The rise of social networking, as we all know, has been phenomenal. An article from two years ago predicted that in the future, “Social networks will be like air. They will be anywhere and everywhere we need and want them to be. And also, without that social context in our connected lives, we won’t really feel like we are truly living and alive, just as without sufficient air, we won’t really be able to breathe deeply”.

The above saying sums it up all. The ubiquitous nature of this medium is what makes it appealing and vulnerable at the same time. Come to think of it, the reasons behind the rise of this giant medium are very simple.

People love to stay connected with their friends and family in any which way possible. Also, social networking Web sites allow them to get in touch with people they feared were lost from their lives forever or with people whom they had never given a second chance before. They have endowed people with a new spirit of hope, happiness and expression.

A normal person like you and I can voice our opinions, start protests, share our likes and dislikes and find ourselves literally on the same page with millions of people, which was perceived unimaginable before.

Yes, there are the negatives like security threats, but every great thing comes with a price, and this is no exception. As I say my farewell, I ask you to enjoy, embrace and make the most of social networking Web sites - while being careful of course! To wrap it up, I can safely conclude by saying, with social networking around, life’s never going to be the same again!