A sickly toilet on the third floor of the Student Health Care Center caused water to flood through three floors of the infirmary Thursday.

The areas most affected by the flooding were Student Mental Health Services on the second and third floor, Women’s Health on the second floor and the Acute Care and Trauma Center on the first floor, said Dr. Phillip Barkley, the director of the Student Health Care Center.

Mental Health Services is rescheduling routine patients with appointments today, but patients with acute or urgent needs will still be seen at the Counseling and Wellness Center in Peabody Hall, Barkley said.

Women’s Health and the Acute Care and Trauma Center offices may reopen today. If they do not reopen, patients will be seen in other areas of the center, Barkley said.

The building’s fire alarm also went off at about 3:30 p.m. Thursday, leading patients and staff to evacuate the building for about 30 minutes, he said.

Barkley said there was no fire, but the water from the flooding could have affected the alarm’s sensors and caused it to go off.

Despite the flooding, doctors and staff continued to see patients after they re-entered the building.

Barkley said he was unsure how many inches of water were on each floor of the center, and he said he did not know the cost of the damages.

“But our plan is to keep the building open and to still see patients in the areas that are not affected,” Barkley said.